Sunday, January 9, 2011

Evolution of the Shave

Over the past 4 or so months Danny has being growing this heinous beard. It wasn’t a dare, he didn’t lose a bet, and he openly admits that he didn’t like it that much. So why did he grow it you ask? I think at first he thought it was fun, and that maybe he would gain a little more credibility in the survival world but I’m pretty sure he continued to grow it for 4 months because he knew how gross I thought it was. He likes to do things he thinks are funny just to annoy me.
For Christmas I dropped him a hint by giving him a gift card to “Urban Shave”, a barber shop, for a hot shave and a haircut. He decided not to use it on his initial shave because he wanted to have a little fun along in the process. He called it fun, I called it a little scary with him turning from a mountain/homeless man to a my great uncle Jerry, to a biker, to a convict, to an old western man, to a 1970’s baseball pitcher with some sick thing on his neck and finally back to the man I married.
He truly is a new man. A woman that we see every week in church asked him if he was new or visiting. I guess we know what to do if we ever need to hide out.

Here’s to a smooth face and not getting a mouth full of hair in a kiss!






5 comments:

  1. That was truly the evolution of man captured on camera. I think the name for picture #6 should be "The Amber Alert" no way your getting a seat for 1 at Chucky Cheese with that face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Nastiness!! That is just crazy. Glad you have your smooth faced man back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the plate of hair is so appalling. Joel is going to love these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i'm going to lock my windows at night so you don't kidnap my kids. couldn't agree more with the amber alert comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Danny, but that first picture looks like a mug shot!

    I need to see some pictures of the evolution of your apartment Jaime!

    ReplyDelete